Dani Page

Dani Page
Dani Page

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bah Humbug!!

Is it just me or am I the only one that loathes the holidays?  Yea , yea I get the whole sharing, giving, family crap but really is that what goes on during Christmas?  It's just become this hugely commercialized day where you have to out do everyone's presents by buying bigger and better ones.  Then there's the extra time you have to put in to spend with your spouse's family, which half the time you can barely stand during the year.  Gift exchanges that you get roped into that just suck, I mean there's nothing more that I hate during the holidays than those damn gift exchanges.  What's the point in buying a gift for someone you don't even know, one they probably won't even like and don't need, it's just a pain in the ass.  I mean it's hard for me to buy for someone I do know much less someone I don't and don't really care to get to know.

I even loathe putting up a tree, know why?  Because it's one more thing I've got to take down and put away and vacuum up after.

I can't even stand how people put a bunch of junk in their yard during the holidays, like wood cut outs of ridiculous reindeer and santa which half the time don't even look remotely like reindeer.  What's even worse, is when it's like 6 months after Christmas  and these assholes still have their shit up.

I have to deal needlessly with the over abundance of traffic which equals more dip shits on the roads acting like idiots.  Making illegal U-turns, darting in and out of traffic, never using a signal light all in the name of gift giving and getting.  It's like go home, turn on the computer and order grandma's crap off the net already!

Then there's the Christmas parties where you have to blow more money to buy a new dress and shoes, get your nails done and hair fixed yadda yadda yadda.  Why do people even bother to go to these things?  Ah yes, to sit back and watch who will end up making a drunk ass out of themselves so we can make fun of them Monday at the office.  Good times, gooood times.  Really?  Unless you're getting free liquor from your company Christmas party it's really not worth it to even go.  The last company hoopla I went to we got two drink tickets and that was it.  Luckily I was able to flirt with the guy they hired to serve the drinks and got a couple extra.

All in all people have ruined what Christmas is about with their pretentious bullshit and look at me I'm awesome because I brought the biggest gift to the party.

More time and money is wasted on the ideals of Christmas and not enough time and money is spent on what really matters.  The birthday of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and the spirit of the giving of our time and love to those that really need it.  Helping and giving to those that are less fortunate.  You should try it one year and get your kids involved too, like serving at your local homeless shelter or maybe having you and your kids gather up clothes and/or toys they no longer use and donating them to a battered women and children's shelter.  These are the kinds of things that are Christmas to me how about you?

No comments: