Dani Page

Dani Page
Dani Page

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Juicing recipes for carb types

My mother inlaw gave me a juicer like 4 years ago and I never used it until recently, actually it's because I forgot I even had it and with my organizational skills in the kitchen I was lucky to find it again!  I've been hooked on Dr. Mercola lately and recently took his free nutritional type test.  It's pretty cool and it was there I found I was a carb type.  There are others too, protein type and mixed type (both protein and carb).  I love my veggies and don't really eat meat that much and totally stay away from red meat in general.  Anyhow, juicing is important for we carb types, unfortunately I'm sad that spinach is not on my list of veggies I should be eating :( however I really dig kale and it has taken spinach's place.

Here's the deal, prior to eating any of your meals you should drink at least 6 oz of veggie juice.  So I looked on my chart at all the veggies I could eat as well as some fruit and had a blast in the kitchen making some yummy juice recipes of my own.  Here are some that I juiced up for you!

Use all organic veggies if you can.

1 handful of cilantro
3 handfuls of kale
4 baby carrots
1/2 of a lemon keeping some of the white part on it.
1 kiwi
1/2 cucumber

throw all the above in your juicer and drink down a 6 oz cup of deliciousness

1 handful of cilantro
3 sliced pieces of fennel
1/2 cucumber with skin
1/2 of lime
3 handfuls of kale
2 baby carrots
8 cubes of cantaloupe

1 handful of cilantro
1/2 cucumber with skin
3 handfuls of kale
5 baby carrots
1/4 of an apple with skin
1/2 lemon leaving some of the white from the rind

Remember whenever using cabbage, bok choy, romaine or kale use lemon or lime to counter act the bitter taste it works wonders!!

Well I'll be adding more soon I'm sure as I experiment more.  There's an abundance of things to toss in there like ginger, mint leaves, pineapple, grapes etc.  Just remember to keep your fruit additions to a minimum as they contain high levels of fructose (natural of course, but still sugar).  I only add a few to make it more palatable.

For more information on learning how to become more healthy and energetic watch this (if you have any problems finding where to take the test watch this) and take Dr. Mercola's free test and then you can download for free his recipe book for each nutritional type as well as a 27 page info pack with more info about nutritional types and your specific nutritional type chart.  Since I have been eating for my right nutritional type I have had no bloating, gas and feel great.  The more nutritionally dense foods you eat you will find the less you even eat.  I stay full forever on this and feel light and energized! This is all free, you just subscribe to his newsletter, which you will want to anyways because they are amazing and jam packed with all kinds of interesting info, he also updates you on daily nutritional/health news.

No comments: