Dani Page

Dani Page
Dani Page

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Facebook......Seriously?

I must admit back in 2005 I did have a Myspace but that's when I was single and looking to mingle and only kept it through 2006 because I was a radio personality at a rock station here in Jackson for that year and it was for fan base purposes.

Right after I married my southern fried guy I got rid of it, I mean what was the point anymore, plus I got out of radio.  Half the time we all just ok'ed a friend request just so we'd look cool by having a ton of friends.  In my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, we all have one, Myspace was juvenile and either for teens or 20 somethings or up to mid 30's looking for a mate/date.

Either way, I was over it back then and certainly would be now.  Then enters Facebook.  It suddenly got cool within the last two years or so, originally for the older folks trying to reconnect with old high school friends, now it's the craze with tweens, teens and 20 somethings.  Honestly who really cares to reconnect with your old schoolmates?  I mean if they were so meaningful to any of us to begin with wouldn't we have kept in touch over the years ourselves via phone, letter or email?

Truth be told most on there are kind of like that geek to hot show that the Maury Povich show constantly is doing.  Like look at me now, I used to be fat, now I'm hot.  I used to be a geek, now I'm in a band yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now, don't get me wrong Facebook would be great, say if you had a business and it was part of your marketing strategy etc., otherwise, why?  Oh look I know her she was such a bitch, I'll add her anyways and look at him I saw him in the hall once I'll add him!  Really?

When it really comes down to it I think most people just want to see how their former classmates look now compared to themselves and see how fat everyone got.

1 comment:

Antonia Rosina said...

Lol. I hate FB with a vengeance. The only reason I'd want to "reconnect" with old schoolfriends is to check them out as you have suggested. Otherwise we would have stayed in touch and no "reconnecting" would be necessary. Great post. Great blog. Love your style :)