Dani Page

Dani Page
Dani Page

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Easy and Healthy Quiche Recipe

Being the health nut that I am (emphasis on nut, lol) all the recipes that I use or make up myself never have wheat, milk, butter, cheese or refined white sugar in them.  So the following recipe I had to tweak in my own healthy way and it still comes out deeeeeelish!!  Scrumptiously, fantastically, amazingly yummy.

Here's what you'll need:

1.  4 eggs
2. 2 cups SoDelicious Coconut Milk (or other milk alternative, i.e. almond or rice milk)
3. Salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Random veggies you like (broccoli, kale, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms etc.)
5.  9 inch pie crust (see my tweaked brown rice flour pie crust recipe)

Preheat oven to 425

Beat 4 large eggs in bowl, add coconut milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.  I just kind of eyeball the amount of nutmeg as it will be based on your liking, however nutmeg in quiche is what makes it so f'ing delicious anyways so I usually add a shit load.



In the mean time wash your fresh veggies well and cut them all up (I used kale, broccoli and mushrooms in this quiche).  Place them inside your already cooked pie shell then pour your egg mixture over top of them.  Pop in the oven at 425 for 15 minutes then lower temp to 350 for another 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.  If you're a mucous and pus lover, feel free to add cheese to this recipe.

Call me an ass, I never took a pic of the final product, I took it out to cool and got side tracked with hell boy and giggle toots ya know the "yuge".

Enjoy!!!

No comments: