Dani Page

Dani Page
Dani Page

Friday, September 17, 2010

My Fortress of Solitude....

Ok, so I'm 40 with a 2 yr. old and a 6 month old so Lord knows I need a break, actually a DAILY break (I think a 1 year break would be pushing it not to mention land me in jail). My southern fried guy gets his little breaks all through the day and night by sneaking outside for 15-30 minutes at a time for a smoke break, must be nice!! So all I ask for is the time it takes to shower and get my makeup on in peace and quiet which may equate to an hour depending if I have to wash and dry my hair.

I treasure this time and have officially designated my closet as my Fortress of Solitude. It's a large walk-in closet for those of you who think I sit in a square for an hour. I have a mirror and a shoe box full of my cosmetics in there to chill while getting ready (of course my big day outings usually involve just going to Wal-mart, but hey, why not look good doing it?).

However, today my fortress was tainted with the likes of a drooling baby chewing on my makeup brushes and a two year old jumping on my back while I was trying to apply my eyeliner. Why? Because my husband decided he needed to shave. What the F? So when we returned home from our outing which was nothing but crying babies and me crawling from the front seat into the back all day long to hush the baby and to fetch the toys hell boy kept throwing, I decided to make my way to the kitchen and poor a nice cold glass of wine. Of course who has time to sit and enjoy wine with the nuggets driving me insane?? So, I chugged it, smiled and said I love me some cheap ass wine! Then........ it was off to change a shitty diaper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son got into my make up bag and opened up a eye shadow pallete and got it all over the carpet...nothing like shimmery brown all over a beige carpet! So I think I'm going to think about putting him in a big boy bed...just afraid he'll get out all hours of the night....did yours?

Fit Babz said...

Actually I had no problem with him getting out and wandering the house, although I was worried about it. He just took to it really well and thought it was soopa doopa cool to have his own big boy bed!